Thursday, January 20, 2005

SF questionnaire

I read this BoingBoing post about how Farah Mendlesohn is writing a book about children and science fiction and is conducting an email survey on that topic:

The purpose of this questionnaire is to provide material for a book called (provisionally), The Inter-Galactic Playground of Children's Science Fiction to be published by McFarland Press. The research is supported by the Eileen Wallace Children's Library (University of New Brunswick), Middlesex University (London) and the British Academy.

Who am I? I am a science fiction fan and a critic. I'm co-organizing a British Eastercon, Concussion, and I edit the academic journal Foundation. The original article behind this research can be found at “Is There Any Such Thing as Children’s SF: A Position Piece” in The Lion and the Unicorn, A Critical Journal of Children’s Literature Vol. 28, no 2, April 2004, pp. 284-313
Besides the survey, her blog is fascinating to anyone interested in children's literature in general and science fiction in particular. I haven't dug too deeply, but immediately was moved to bookmark it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home